Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Where do I start

"I want to extend my house but where do I start."

Many people start by bringing in a builder because they want to know the cost first and foremost. The trouble with that is builders can't usually tell you what you will be permitted to do, nor can they give advise on cost without the plans being prepared. The correct place to start is with an experienced design consultant. This may be an Architect or Building Surveyor. They will be able to give an immediate reaction to any obvious problems that you may be heading for, initial advice on the procedures the council will make you go through and usually some budget guidance as well.

before you build it... Plan-it.

No comments:

Post a Comment